Selfmade Strawberry Sheet Cake is a moist, tender cake topped with strawberry cream cheese frosting. Strawberry jam infuses this cake with candy strawberry taste with no synthetic flavors!
Love Strawberry Cake? Ensure that to strive my Strawberry Pound Cake too!
Selfmade Strawberry Sheet Cake
I’ve made numerous strawberry desserts over time…strawberry truffles, strawberry cupcakes, cobblers, breads, muffins…and I’ll hyperlink to all these yummy recipes on the backside of this submit. BUT I’ve by no means shared my recipe for a Basic From-Scratch Strawberry Cake! My mother used a recipe that began with a field combine and added in strawberry jell-o…and I’ll inform you, that cake was comfortable and scrumptious, with the magic that solely a boxed cake can deliver.
BUT I needed to essentially crack the code on strawberry cake with out including synthetic flavors!
Why Use Strawberry Jam In This Recipe As a substitute of Recent Strawberries?
I attempted a number of variations of this recipe earlier than I felt assured that I had nailed it. Right here’s what I discovered:
- I attempted utilizing diced, contemporary strawberries, however didn’t like the way in which the contemporary berries made the cake moist surrounding the berries. Plus, strawberries are a seasonal fruit and so they aren’t all the time as candy as they have to be for baking.
- Frozen strawberries carried out very like contemporary, however made the cake even wetter within the pockets the place the berries had been.
- I attempted mixing up the strawberries and utilizing the puree, however discovered that it didn’t add sufficient strawberry taste.
- I made a selfmade strawberry puree by boiling and lowering strawberries with sugar. Including this to the cake made it too dense.
OUTCOME: So I attempted seedless strawberry jam and located the precise proper taste and sweetness, plus it didn’t make the cake too dense.
Elements Wanted For My Strawberry Sheet Cake
This cake recipe is fairly easy. Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Granulated Sugar
- Butter and Vegetable Oil: I discover the mix of those two fat are what offers this the moist texture, but in addition good taste. You might make this cake with all oil for a lighter textured cake, OR all butter for a extra dense, however wealthy cake.
- Taste: Vanilla extract and Seedless Strawberry Jam
- Dry Elements: Baking powder, Baking Soda, Salt, All Function Flour
- Moist Elements: Buttermilk, Massive Eggs
- Optionally available – pink meals coloring in the event you actually wish to amp up the pink shade of your cake!
If You Don’t Have Buttermilk…
Make your personal! I’ve a fantastic Selfmade Buttermilk Recipe that it’s best to positively take a look at. Only a scant cup of milk and 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice combined collectively creates a selfmade model of buttermilk.
Do You Have To Refrigerate This Strawberry Sheet Cake?
Should you use the cream cheese frosting recipe offered, sure, you do have to refrigerate this cake. Should you don’t use a cream cheese frosting you possibly can retailer the cake at room temperature as an alternative!
What If You Don’t Like Cream Cheese Frosting?
There are many different frostings you possibly can use on this cake as an alternative! You might even mud it with powdered sugar for extra of an quaint vibe. Listed here are some concepts for different frostings that might be scrumptious on this cake:
Can You Make This Sheet Cake Right into a Layer Cake?
- Put together the recipe as written. Coat 2, 9- inch spherical cake pans OR 3, 8- inch spherical cake pans with nonstick spray. Lower out parchment rounds to suit into the bottoms of the pans. Spray the pans once more to coat the highest of the parchment paper.
- Divide the batter evenly among the many ready pans and bake for half-hour, or till the facilities are set and a toothpick inserted comes out clear.
- Permit the truffles to chill within the pans for 10 minutes after which flip the truffles out onto a wire rack to chill fully.
- If utilizing the frosting recipe offered, double the recipe so you’ve gotten sufficient for a layer cake.
Garnishing A Strawberry Cake:
The great thing about a sheet cake is that it’s simple! No fussy layers or adorning to fret about. BUT if you wish to costume up your layer cake, listed below are just a few concepts:
Recent Strawberries! Slice them or use them complete, strawberries on a strawberry cake is a no brainer. Should you use sliced, place them on proper earlier than serving, in order that they don’t sweat onto the frosting which seems somewhat messy.
Frosting swirls. Should you like to pipe frosting roses, or piped decorations go for it! This cream cheese frosting isn’t tremendous stiff, so add in some extra powdered sugar to make it a bit thicker so your roses will maintain form.
Sprinkles. Sprinkles are all the time a fantastic ornament for truffles!
Trying For Even Extra Strawberry Recipes? Strive These:
This from-scratch Strawberry Cake could be very simple to make with a comfortable, tender crumb and topped with creamy frosting!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups all function flour
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- non-compulsory – just a few drops of pink meals coloring
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 4– ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×13 baking dish with baking spray. You can too line the baking dish with parchment paper and coat with nonstick spray. Put aside.
- Within the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the butter and sugar collectively for two minutes on medium pace, till as mixed as doable, scraping the perimeters of the bowl as mandatory. Add within the vegetable oil and blend for 1 minute till creamy, after which the strawberry jam till mixed.
- Add within the eggs, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and blend till easy.
- Flip the mixer to low and add within the flour and buttermilk in alternating parts, starting and ending with the flour. Combine till simply mixed. If desired add just a few drop of pink meals coloring to amp up the pink shade.
- Unfold the batter into the ready cake pan and bake for 35 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted within the middle of the cake comes out clear.
- Permit the cake to chill within the pan fully.
- Frosting: Within the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the butter and cream cheese collectively on medium pace till easy. Add within the jam and blend till mixed, scraping the perimeters of the bowl as mandatory.
- Flip the mixer to low and add within the powdered sugar. As soon as it’s mixed, flip the mixer as much as medium and beat till creamy and easy. Unfold the frosting in your cooled cake and garnish with contemporary strawberries if desired.
Retailer hermetic within the fridge (because of the cream cheese frosting) for as much as 3 days.
- Serving Measurement: 1 slice
- Energy: 677
- Sugar: 72.5 g
- Sodium: 210.2 mg
- Fats: 27.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 103.2 g
- Protein: 6.2 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 106.7 mg
Key phrases: cookies and cups, cake recipe, strawberry cake, strawberry sheet cake, selfmade strawberry cake, strawberry desserts
Need To Save This Recipe?
Discover extra recipes like this:
PIN for later: