This Peanut Butter Sheet Cake is the stuff of peanut butter lovers’ goals! Fulfill your PB and dessert cravings in a single fell swoop with this moist and tender cake topped with heavenly peanut butter marshmallow icing.
Need much more PB dessert concepts? Strive these Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies or these simple Peanut Butter Balls.
Simple Peanut Butter Cake with Peanut Butter Icing
Every time I’m craving peanut butter (which is usually, let’s be sincere), this heavenly peanut butter sheet cake is my go-to. It checks all of the packing containers wanted to fulfill the craving: peanut-y, creamy, simply candy sufficient, and completely tender and moist! This cake has peanut butter taste with out being overwhelming, dry or crumbly like some peanut butter desserts may be. Together with an extremely tender texture that melts in your mouth it’s topped with creamy marshmallow peanut butter frosting. Everybody at all times raves concerning the frosting!
Anyplace it goes, this simple cake is successful with peanut butter lovers, and nearly everybody else. Bake it, freeze it, or get pleasure from it contemporary for days! Snacking desserts don’t get extra delicious than this.
What You’ll Want
- Peanut Butter: You should utilize creamy peanut butter, or crunchy peanut butter for added texture! The selection is yours. You’ll want it for each the cake in addition to the marshmallow peanut butter icing.
- Flour: All-purpose
- Buttermilk: That is the not-so-secret ingredient for cake that’s tremendous moist and tender! Plus, the flavour provides a little bit of tang. No buttermilk within the fridge? Try my buttermilk substitute tutorial.
- Butter: Unsalted or salted, reduce into cubes, plus further for the icing.
- Eggs: Two massive eggs deliver the proper texture to this sheet cake.
- Vanilla: Pure vanilla extract is greatest for taste, however imitation will even work in a pinch.
- Vegetable Oil: Or one other impartial cooking oil, like canola.
- Evaporated Milk: Provides further sweetness and smoothness to the icing.
- Mini Marshmallows: The bottom for the scrumptious marshmallow and peanut butter icing!
- Baking Soda
The right way to Make Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
This cake is ideal for serving a crowd when it’s ready in a sheet pan. Because of this, I like bringing it to potlucks and household gatherings! You can too make your peanut butter cake in a 9×13 pan (extra particulars in my suggestions part under). In the meanwhile, right here’s an outline of how one can make the proper sheet cake:
Combine the Batter: Put aside the flour and dry components in a single bowl, and the buttermilk and moist components in one other. Subsequent, you’ll prep the peanut combination by bringing water and butter to a boil, and stirring within the peanut butter and oil. Add the peanut combination to the flour combination, adopted by the buttermilk combination, whisking as you go.
Bake the Cake: Pour the batter right into a lined jelly-roll type pan. Bake the cake within the oven till the middle is about and it passes the toothpick check (a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clear).
Make the Icing: Convey the evaporated milk, sugar, salt and butter to a boil whereas repeatedly stirring. As soon as that is taken off the warmth, soften within the peanut butter and marshmallows. Whereas the cake remains to be heat, pour the icing over prime. Use a spatula to unfold it evenly throughout the cake, then depart it to chill. As soon as the cake is cooled fully, slice and serve!
Suggestions for Success
- Can I Use a Smaller Pan?: For those who’d favor to make this peanut butter cake in a 9×13 inch pan, it is going to nonetheless be scrumptious! Simply enhance the baking time to 35-40 minutes to account for the additional thickness.
- If the Peanut Butter Combination Is Actually Scorching: Including the peanut butter combination to the flour first ought to be sufficient to chill it off earlier than it’s mixed with the eggs/moist components. Nonetheless, should you’re involved that the combination remains to be sizzling sufficient to start out cooking the eggs, depart it for a couple of minutes to chill earlier than going forward with the recipe as directed.
- Can I Use Pure Peanut Butter? I’d advocate sticking to Jiffy peanut butter for this sheet cake. Pure peanut butters tend to separate, which may result in blended outcomes.
I like to think about a sheet cake as my very own private canvas for all kinds of toppings! Whereas this peanut butter cake is scrumptious all by itself, there are such a lot of topping concepts you may select from, too:
Retailer peanut butter cake hermetic at room temperature for as much as 3 days. For those who’d like to increase the shelf-life, maintain it coated within the fridge for as much as 4-5 days.
Can I Freeze This Sheet Cake?
One other fantastic facet of a sheet cake is that you would be able to make it forward, and it freezes tremendous effectively! Did I not promise this was the most effective cake for events?
To freeze this peanut butter cake (and to keep away from messing up the icing), as soon as it’s cooled fully, pop the entire pan into the freezer to pre-freeze. When the sheet cake is frozen stable, wrap it in a double layer of plastic wrap plus an additional layer of foil. The cake can keep frozen for as much as 3 months!
Thaw the cake in a single day within the fridge earlier than fastidiously unwrapping it. Voila! Your pre-made cake is able to serve.
Extra Dreamy Peanut Butter Dessert Concepts
The stuff of peanut butter lovers’ goals! You’ll love serving up a slice of this dreamy Peanut Butter Sheet Cake topped with peanut butter marshmallow icing. Excellent for gatherings and potlucks!
- 2 cups all goal flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 massive eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup butter, reduce into cubes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a 15x10x1 (jelly roll-style) pan with parchment paper. Coat with nonstick spray and put aside.
- In a big bowl whisk collectively the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Put aside.
- In a small bowl whisk collectively the eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk. Put aside.
- Place water and butter in a small saucepan over medium warmth. Convey to a boil and take away from the warmth. Stir within the peanut butter and oil, mixing till mixed. Add this into the flour combination and whisk till easy. Then whisk within the buttermilk combination till evenly blended.
- Pour the batter into the ready pan and bake for 20 – 25 minutes till the middle is about and a toothpick inserted comes out clear.
- Stir collectively the evaporated milk, granulated sugar, salt, and butter in a medium sauce. Convey to a boil over medium warmth, and boil for two minutes stirring always. Take away from the warmth and stir within the peanut butter, marshmallows, and vanilla till mixed and the marshmallows are melted.
- Pour the icing onto the nice and cozy cake, spreading out evenly utilizing an offset spatula.
- Enable the cake to chill fully earlier than slicing and serving.
Retailer hermetic at room temperature for as much as 3 days.
Key phrases: simple cake recipes, texas sheet cake, peanut butter desserts
Need To Save This Recipe?
Discover extra recipes like this:
PIN for later: