This simple recipe for contemporary peach cake is a superb strategy to showcase candy peaches once they’re in season. Delicate and tender with a creamy crumb, and that includes 2 layers of juicy peaches for additional peach taste in each chew, this cake wants no topping or adorning (although a dusting of powdered sugar is at all times welcome). It’s the proper deal with to take pleasure in on a porch swing with a glass of iced tea—or wherever you discover summertime bliss.
This straightforward but spectacular contemporary peach cake is the proper fast & simple dessert to make when peaches are in season, whether or not you picked them straight from a tree… or from a roadside farm stand… or from the grocery retailer once they had been on sale. I really like peach pie, however typically you want a easy recipe for a dessert that may be able to eat within the subsequent couple of hours. This peach cake is simply the factor!
(Peach crisp and peach cobbler are each great choices as effectively, after all. Particularly should you occur to have vanilla ice cream in your freezer.)
Every part You’ll Love About This Recent Peach Cake
- Tremendous moist, tender, comfortable cake with juicy cinnamon-spiced peaches
- Nice strategy to showcase contemporary peaches throughout peak peach season
- Fast & simple—no mixer required, no separate topping to make, and also you don’t even need to peel the peaches!
- All of the flavors you like in peach pie (with much less time & effort)
- Not overly candy, so the fruit’s pure sweetness shines
- Greek yogurt makes for a creamy-like crumb, similar to it does in lemon berry yogurt cake
- You possibly can use dairy-free yogurt to make this a dairy-free recipe
- Don’t have to attend hours for it to chill fully earlier than consuming
- Transport and serve proper from the baking pan
And as a welcome bonus, there’s no sophisticated adorning required. Simply give it a shimmy-shake of confectioners’ sugar excessive earlier than serving—this peach cake is a pure magnificence!
Key Components You Want & Why
- Flour: All-purpose flour kinds the bottom for this cake’s construction.
- Baking Powder & Baking Soda: With so many moist components, we’d like each baking powder and soda to assist raise this cake so it’s not heavy and flat.
- Salt: For its flavor-enhancing superpowers.
- Oil: Utilizing oil as a substitute of butter in muffins makes for a supremely moist crumb. You should use olive oil, vegetable oil, or melted coconut oil right here—baker’s selection.
- Sugar: Granulated sugar is the sweetener for this cake. You don’t want quite a bit, as a result of the peaches are already candy on their very own.
- Eggs: Eggs present construction, stability, and richness.
- Vanilla & Almond Extracts: You’ll love the flavour this combo supplies. It’s the identical duo used to taste basic sugar cookies.
- Greek Yogurt: You’ll discover that I exploit yogurt or bitter cream in numerous my cake recipes. Each carry a slight tang (very delicate) and brilliantly creamy moisture. I examined this cake with nonfat and low-fat Greek yogurt, common yogurt, and bitter cream—all had been glorious. Greek yogurt added slightly extra tang and construction, although. You possibly can additionally use a dairy-free yogurt to make this cake dairy free.
- Lemon Zest & Juice: Lemon brightens every part up, and provides some contemporary taste. Style testers mentioned the cake was missing with out it.
- Peaches: You want about 2 cups of sliced contemporary peaches (peeling them first is non-compulsory). See the FAQs under for extra info on the most effective sort of peaches to make use of.
- Cinnamon: Completely non-compulsory.
Overview: Easy methods to Make Recent Peach Cake
The cake is layered with peaches. Half batter, half peaches, remaining batter, remaining peaches.
There’s no mixer required for this recipe. Whisk the batter collectively, after which toss the peach slices with slightly sugar to assist them launch some juices.
Then I prefer to toss HALF of the sugared peaches in cinnamon, so the fruit slices within the middle of the cake mingle with creamy cinnamon swirls (much like this peach fast bread). The opposite half of the peaches (with out cinnamon) create the highest layer of the cake. Once more, the cinnamon is non-compulsory. You’ll be able to merely toss ALL of the peaches with the cinnamon, or depart it out totally.
Right here’s the creamy batter, and middle layer of cinnamon-sugar peaches:
As you’ll be able to see, the cake is brimming with contemporary peaches. A 9-inch springform pan (what you utilize for cheesecake) is good for this one-layer cake.
Right here’s the cake earlier than and after baking:
And whereas this pure magnificence wants no additional gildings, I prefer to sift slightly dusting of confectioners’ sugar excessive simply earlier than serving. And, after all, whipped cream is at all times a welcome adornment.
I’m comfortable to share my testing course of with anybody fascinated about how this cake got here to life! Immediately’s peach cake is an almost-halved model of my lemon berry yogurt cake and a really barely scaled-up model of this cherry buckle. I needed to make use of oil as a substitute of butter to maintain the crumb mild and moist.
It doesn’t look like there’s numerous flour within the recipe, and also you’re proper—there’s not! I examined the cake with extra, nevertheless it made the cake slightly powerful and heavy. Yogurt is a heavy ingredient, and extra flour didn’t essentially assist.
When it comes to taste, lemon juice and almond extract are key. Style testers felt your entire cake was missing the most effective taste with out these additions.
You should use any number of peaches—yellow, white, and even doughnut peaches—however you need barely agency (not onerous) peaches with no comfortable spots. Your greatest wager is to buy or decide about 4 agency peaches, then allow them to sit in a paper bag for 1–2 days to ripen. Some might have comfortable spots after this time, so that’s the reason I counsel shopping for a pair greater than you really need. Eat any overly comfortable peaches or use them in peach muffins.
Recent peaches are the most suitable choice for this contemporary peach cake. In case you should use frozen peach slices, thaw after which blot them dry earlier than utilizing. Don’t use canned peaches.
Positive! This can be a nice cake for different fruits and flavors. As a substitute of peaches, strive nectarines, apricots, plums, pears, apples, and even halved cherries.
This simple recipe for contemporary peach cake is a superb strategy to showcase candy peaches once they’re in season. Delicate and tender with a creamy crumb, and that includes 2 layers of juicy peaches for additional peach taste in each chew, this cake wants no topping or adorning (although a dusting of powdered sugar is at all times welcome). A mixer is just not required for this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C) and grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a big bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt collectively till mixed. Put aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the oil, 2/3 cup (133g) sugar, eggs, yogurt, vanilla and almond extracts, lemon juice, and lemon zest collectively till mixed. Pour the moist components into the dry components and whisk till mixed. Batter is creamy and barely thick. You’ll have simply over 3 cups of batter.
- In a medium bowl, toss the peach slices with 1 Tablespoon of sugar to coat. Divide in half, transferring half of the peaches to a different bowl. Add cinnamon to at least one half of the peaches and gently stir to coat. The cinnamon is non-compulsory. You possibly can additionally toss ALL of the peaches within the cinnamon; I prefer to toss solely half so the middle of the cake has loads of cinnamon swirls.
- Pour and unfold half the batter (simply eyeball it) into the ready pan. Place the cinnamon-sugared peaches in an excellent layer on prime. Unfold the remaining batter on prime of the cinnamon peach layer. Place remaining sugared peaches on prime.
- Bake for 50–55 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted within the middle of the cake comes out clear. Across the 30-minute mark, loosely tent with aluminum foil to stop over-browning.
- Take away the cake from the oven and set the pan on a wire rack. Enable to chill for at the very least half-hour earlier than slicing, or cool fully. Mud with confectioners’ sugar, if desired, earlier than serving.
- Cowl leftovers and retailer at room temperature for two days or within the fridge for as much as 5 days. In case you topped with a dusting of confectioners’ sugar, observe that the sugar will soften and disappear into the cake after just a few hours.
- Freezing Directions: Cowl baked and cooled cake tightly and freeze for as much as 3 months. Deliver to room temperature earlier than serving.
- Particular Instruments (affiliate hyperlinks): Vegetable/Fruit Peeler | Glass Mixing Bowls | Whisk | Citrus Juicer & Zester | 9-inch springform pan | Cooling Rack | Sieve (for dusting confectioners’ sugar)
- Can I Make This in a Totally different Pan? The recipe is designed for a 9-inch springform pan, however you can additionally use a 10-inch cast iron skillet. A 9-inch or 10-inch sq. baking pan work too. I even have a recipe for a peach Bundt cake, and a peach fast bread if you wish to strive these as a substitute.
- Yogurt: I examined this cake with nonfat and low-fat Greek yogurt, common yogurt, and bitter cream—all had been glorious. Greek yogurt added slightly extra tang and construction, although. You possibly can additionally use a dairy-free yogurt to make this cake dairy free.
- Peaches: Recent peaches are the most suitable choice for this contemporary peach cake. In case you should use frozen peach slices, thaw after which blot them dry earlier than utilizing. Canned peaches can be positive in a pinch, however the texture is significantly better with contemporary. If utilizing canned, be sure you drain and blot dry first.