This simple Raspberry Sauce makes use of simply 7 components and takes lower than quarter-hour to organize. Drizzle it over cheesecake, waffles, or brownie sundaes–or simply take pleasure in by the spoonful!
7 Ingredient Raspberry Sauce
This simple selfmade raspberry sauce will be drizzled over cheesecake, ice cream, yogurt, waffles–the chances are infinite! It has a shiny, completely balanced taste that’s each candy and tart (and pairs so properly with a brownie sundae…yum). The most effective half? It tastes simply nearly as good with frozen raspberries because it does with recent, so you may take pleasure in all of it 12 months lengthy!
I desire to depart the seeds in my sauce just because I believe raspberry sauce wants seeds (the feel is such a key a part of the raspberry expertise, in spite of everything), however you may pressure them out in order for you yours to be silky.
This sauce will be served sizzling or chilly, and it makes a pleasant macaron filling (that you must use a frosting dam to maintain it from spilling out although!). It’s a bit skinny to make use of as a cake filling, however I’ve an answer for that! Scroll all the way down to the FAQ part for extra.
Why make my recipe:
- Has a recent taste, even with frozen berries.
- Could be served sizzling or chilly with infinite makes use of.
- Just some components and fewer than quarter-hour to make!
What You Want
You’ll want to collect simply 7 components to make this raspberry sauce. Apart from water and sugar, we shall be utilizing:
- Raspberries. Contemporary or frozen raspberries work properly right here, so take your choose! In case your berries are particularly tart, you might want so as to add a bit extra sugar; style check to make certain.
- Cornstarch. The cornstarch thickens our sauce, however not a lot that it’s too thick or jam-like.
- Lemon juice. A splash of lemon juice accents the tartness of the berries and retains this sauce from being too candy.
- Butter. The butter is non-obligatory, however I like to recommend including it to present the sauce a silky smoothness. Since we’re utilizing such a small quantity, you should utilize both salted or unsalted butter.
- Salt. Only a pinch enhances and balances the flavour.
SAM’S TIP: Identical to in my raspberry frosting, I decide to forgo vanilla on this recipe for a recent, raspberry outstanding taste. Should you’d desire a extra candied raspberry taste, be happy so as to add ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract once you stir within the butter.
Keep in mind, that is simply an summary of the components I used and why. For the total recipe please scroll all the way down to the underside of the put up!
How you can Make Raspberry Sauce
- Mix all components besides the butter in a saucepan over medium low warmth.
- Stir regularly till the berries change into juicy and the combination could be very fluid.
- Enhance the warmth to medium and produce the combination to a simmer, stirring always. Let simmer for one minute (nonetheless stirring always) till the combination thickens and turns into deeper in coloration.
- Take away from the warmth, stir within the butter, and pressure if desired. Let cool to room temperature earlier than masking and chilling.
SAM’S TIP: I haven’t tried it myself, however I believe that this recipe will even work equally properly with blackberries. Should you’re trying to make use of one other sort of berry although, I recommend you strive my blueberry sauce or strawberry sauce.
Regularly Requested Questions
You’ll simply have to pressure the sauce by way of a fantastic mesh strainer after including the butter. It would require a little bit of effort and nudging the sauce by way of to perform this. Observe that you’ll have much less sauce in the event you pressure out the seeds.
Sure! This recipe will hold in an hermetic container within the freezer for a minimum of a month.
Much like cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving, raspberry sauce pairs properly with pork and poultry for Easter!
Get pleasure from!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe beneath! Should you do that recipe, you’ll want to tag me on Instagram, and it’s also possible to discover me on YouTube and Facebook
Servings: 8 servings (¼ cup every — recipe makes 2 cups)
Stop your display screen from going darkish
Mix raspberries water, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, and salt in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low warmth.
12 oz (340 g) raspberries, ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar, ¼ cup (60 ml) water, 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, 2 teaspoons cornstarch, ⅛ teaspoon salt
Cook dinner, stirring regularly, till berries launch their juices and combination turns into very liquidy.
Enhance warmth to medium and stir always, carry to a simmer.
Simmer, stirring always for about 1 minute, till berries are damaged down, deeper in coloration, and the combination is barely thickened (it ought to coat the again of a spoon).
Take away from warmth and instantly stir in butter.
1 Tablespoon (14 g) butter
If you’d like a seedless sauce, pour instantly by way of a fine-mesh strainer and discard seeds.
Permit to chill to room temperature, then pour right into a container, cowl, and refrigerate till prepared to make use of.
Retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as every week.
Serving: 1serving (¼ cup) | Energy: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 2g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 0.4g | Trans Fats: 0.1g | Ldl cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 49mg | Potassium: 67mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 58IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.3mg
Dietary data relies on third-party calculations and must be thought-about an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will differ based mostly upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking methodology, portion sizes, and extra.