Outback Steakhouse Mac and Cheese is so standard as a result of it’s creamy, comforting, and a beautiful aspect dish for steak and hen. This copycat mac and cheese recipe is all the time requested about and requested. It solely takes about half-hour to make at dwelling.
This submit comprises affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes the Outback Mac and Cheese So Good?
Outback Steakhouse serves many improbable menu gadgets, so who would order the macaroni and cheese? Loads of individuals. And why not, when it tastes this amazingly wealthy and creamy.
However if you happen to don’t need to skip your tried and true favorites on the following go to to the restaurant, attempt making this Outback macaroni and cheese recipe at dwelling.
Why This Recipe Is the One You Should Attempt
Relating to do-it-yourself mac n cheese recipes, you possibly can’t get any simpler than this copycat Outback mac and cheese. By utilizing Velveeta cheese as an alternative of the extra conventional shredded cheddar, you don’t want to fret about uneven melting. The creamy Velveeta cheese sauce is velvety and coats the pasta properly.
The heavy cream helps create the best consistency for this dish. Upon getting tried this recipe, you gained’t ever need to make boxed mac & cheese once more. One chew and also you’ll style how good it’s!
Outback Steakhouse Mac A Roo and Cheese
When you have ever been to the Outback Steakhouse with youngsters, you may have observed Mac A Roo and Cheese as one of many child’s menu gadgets. However why ought to kids have the entire enjoyable? Once I order takeout, I’ll all the time add an order of Mac a Roo so I can have it at dwelling. It’s that good.
Outback Mac and Cheese Substances
To make steakhouse mac and cheese Outback fashion, you’ll want:
- Brief Pasta or Macaroni
- Velveeta Cheese
- Heavy Cream
That’s it! You’ll love this recipe as a lot as your youngsters do.
Penne, shells, elbow macaroni noodles, and rigatoni pasta are standard decisions, however you should utilize any brief pasta you favor.
You could need to swap the heavy cream for half-and-half and even milk to avoid wasting on fats and energy.
Make Outback Steakhouse Mac and Cheese
To make Outback Steakhouse mac and cheese:
- Deliver a big pot of salted water to a rolling boiling.
- Prepare dinner the pasta based on the bundle’s directions. You could need to add 30 or 60 seconds to the cooking time since this recipe works greatest when the pasta is a little bit softer than al dente.
- Whereas the pasta is cooking, chop the Velveeta into small cubes.
- Set a small saucepan over low warmth on the stovetop to heat.
- Add the Velveeta cheese cubes into the saucepan.
- Pour within the heavy cream.
- Stir or whisk constantly till the cheese totally melts.
- Drain the cooked pasta in a colander and return it to the massive pot.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and stir to mix.
- Serve sizzling.
- Make sure you reduce the Velveeta into small items to make it simpler to soften within the saucepan.
- Whereas melting the cheese and heavy cream collectively, preserve the warmth on low to stop it from boiling or burning.
- Make a giant batch of the Mac and Cheese as a result of it reheats properly for different meals.
Relating to customization, there are limitless potentialities for making this dish your personal. Get as wildly artistic as you need, however listed here are a few straightforward methods you possibly can adapt the essential recipe:
- When you find yourself ravenous, add a little bit meat to the recipe to make it a most important dish. You should utilize any precooked meat you may have available. Add some leftover bacon or sausages from breakfast or any additional chilly cuts within the fridge.
- Kick the flavour up a notch with a bit of additional seasoning. Sizzling sauce and chili powder are choices. Or take your mac ‘n cheese in a brand new course with a few tablespoons of Pickapeppa or BBQ sauce.
What to Serve with Mac and Cheese
This Outback mac and cheese recipe works as each a aspect and the principle course. Pair with fried hen or grilled meat for a hearty meal, or get pleasure from with a aspect salad or steamed vegetable for one thing a little bit lighter
Leftover Mac and Cheese Recipe
Are you questioning what to do with leftover Outback macaroni and cheese? Attempt making Fried Tacky Mac Patties:
- Kind the chilly mac and cheese into hamburger-sized patties and place them on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Put the tray within the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Dip the semi-frozen mac and cheese patties in an egg wash after which coat with Panko breadcrumbs.
- Fry in 375°F oil till golden brown, a few minute per aspect.
- Serve along with your favourite pasta sauce.
Retailer Mac and Cheese
You may preserve Outback Steakhouse Mac and Cheese in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days. If you wish to reserve it for longer, attempt freezing leftovers for as much as three months.
trace is placing the mac and cheese in a single-serving microwavable container after which wrapping effectively in plastic and aluminum foil. Doing it will make the macaroni and cheese a lot simpler to reheat.
Reheat Mac and Cheese
The simplest technique to reheat this macaroni and cheese is within the microwave.
Add a splash of milk to the thawed mac and cheese and stir. Cowl with a paper towel and warmth on HIGH for 60 seconds. Stir and verify the temperature. If the mac n cheese isn’t heat sufficient, warmth for one more 30 seconds, and repeat as vital.
Do you’re keen on Outback Steakhouse? Make your favorites at dwelling!
Make sure you take a look at these copycat Outback Steakhouse recipes that style similar to they do on the restaurant.
Extra Tacky Facet Dish Recipes
As a result of everybody loves cheese!
Check out extra of my copycat Outback Steakhouse recipes and straightforward aspect dish recipes too.
What do you prefer to eat along with your Mac ‘N Cheese? Tell us within the feedback beneath.
Did you make this recipe? Share it and bear in mind to tag us on Instagram.
Join our e-newsletter beneath so that you don’t miss any copycat recipes!
Outback Steakhouse Mac and Cheese
You can also make Outback mac and cheese at dwelling with this straightforward copycat recipe.
Add to Assortment Go to Collections
- 2 cups dry penne pasta
- 8 ounce Velveeta cheese reduce into small items
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Prepare dinner pasta based on bundle instructions.
Reduce the Velveeta into small cubes so it could soften simply.
In a small saucepan, mix cubed Velveeta cheese and heavy cream.
Flip the warmth to low. Prepare dinner and stir till all of the cheese is melted.
Scale back the warmth to simmer till you might be prepared to mix with the pasta.
As soon as pasta is completed, drain and pour it again into the pot the place it was cooked.
Add the cheese sauce to the pasta and stir to coat the pasta with the sauce.
- Ensure you reduce the Velveeta into small items to make it simpler to soften within the saucepan.
- Whereas melting the cheese and heavy cream collectively, preserve the warmth on low. You’ll not need this to boil or burn.
- Make a giant batch of the mac and cheese – it would by no means go to waste and it re-heats properly for different meals.
Energy: 339kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 15g | Fats: 17g | Saturated Fats: 10g | Ldl cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 912mg | Potassium: 284mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 995IU | Calcium: 351mg | Iron: 0.5mg