Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with only a teaspoon and a half of dough for tiny, one-bite cookies! They’re mushy, chewy, and completely portioned for snacking. Recipe features a how-to video!
Itty Bitty Chocolate Chip Cookies
At simply hardly greater than teaspoon in measurement, these mini chocolate chip cookies are nearly too cute to eat. They style identical to common chocolate chip cookies, however are chew sized and oh-so irresistible.
This time of yr, so many individuals ditch the sugar and resolve to eat more healthy meals. Whereas I don’t actually do well being meals on the weblog, I’m excited to supply a deal with that received’t wreck anybody’s resolutions (as long as you solely have one or two!). These aren’t as low-calorie as my meringue cookies nor are they as wholesome as my roasted brussels sprouts… however they’re nonetheless modestly indulgent with lower than 50 energy a pop. I believe that’s about as wholesome because it will get round right here 😉
No matter your motive for making them, you’re going to utterly love these cookies. They’re mushy and chewy, flavored with vanilla and loads of mini chocolate chips, and completely buttery.
Why you’ll love my recipe:
- Stays mushy and chewy, because of my favourite cookie baking method.
- Makes use of melted butter for straightforward mixing.
- You may make the dough can as much as 5 days upfront or freeze it.
- Simply half an hour to sit back!
What You Want
You want simply 10 substances to make these cute cookies! Listed here are the necessities:
- Melted butter. I take advantage of unsalted butter, although you could possibly use salted and simply cut back the salt to ¼ teaspoon. Be sure that to soften your butter, but in addition let it cool sufficient that it doesn’t soften your sugars. In case your butter is just too scorching, your cookie dough might unfold throughout your baking sheet.
- Brown sugar. I like to make use of a mix of darkish and light-weight brown sugar (plus granulated!) for essentially the most flavorful cookies.
- Flour. Be sure you know methods to measure flour correctly, or your cookie dough might prove too dry and crumbly.
- Chocolate chips. You possibly can’t make mini cookies with out mini chips! Mini chocolate chips distribute rather well all through the cookies with out overwhelming them. I additionally typically wish to toss in a number of regular-sized semisweet chips as effectively, however I don’t suggest utilizing all common chips.
SAM’S TIP: Whilst you don’t essentially want a particular cookie dough scoop for these cookies, having the fitting one will make the job of scooping them a lot simpler (and this recipe makes 70 cookies, in order that’s loads of scooping!). I take advantage of this cookie scoop from Amazon. It’s a 1 ½ teaspoon scoop, which is the precise measurement you want for this recipe, and it makes fast work of the the scooping course of.
Keep in mind, that is simply an outline of the substances I used and why. For the complete recipe please scroll right down to the underside of the publish!
- Mix butter and sugars – Soften the butter and let it cool till now not heat to the contact, then stir within the sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla – Stir within the egg and vanilla till totally mixed.
- Stir within the dry substances – Whisk collectively the dry substances in a separate bowl, then steadily add them to the moist substances.
- Add the chips – Fold within the chocolate chips till they’re properly distributed all through the dough.
- Cowl and chill – Cowl the dough with plastic wrap and let it chill for at the very least half-hour.
- Scoop and bake – Scoop the dough by 1 ½ teaspoon-sized balls (rolling if desired) and bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 6-8 minutes at 350. Let the cookies cool on their baking sheets earlier than having fun with.
SAM’S TIP: Rolling the dough between your palms is optionally available, but it surely does make for uniform trying cookies. I additionally like to order some chocolate chips for urgent into the tops of the cookies after they arrive out of the oven–it provides them a bakery-style look!
Ceaselessly Requested Questions
Sure! This dough may be made and saved within the fridge as much as 5 days upfront. Simply ensure that to cowl it effectively (or switch to an hermetic container) earlier than chilling. For those who’d wish to freeze your cookie dough, observe the directions in my methods to freeze cookie dough publish.
As written, this recipe barely underbakes the cookies within the oven to allow them to end baking on their sheets and prove mushy and chewy. For crispier cookies, you’ll be able to simply bake your cookies a bit longer than indicated right here, and they need to crisp up properly.
Additionally, for those who’re a fan of crispy cookies, I do have a perfected (full measurement) skinny & crispy chocolate chip cookie recipe you’ll be able to attempt!
Brown sugar is integral to the flavour and texture of those cookies, so I don’t suggest making them with out it.
That being stated, for those who ran out of brown sugar, you can also make your individual at residence! I’ve a publish on methods to make brown sugar that particulars how to do that (it’s fast and simple!).
Whereas I often favor my desserts full-sized, I’ll at all times make an exception for these cookies ❤️
Take pleasure in!
Let’s bake collectively! I’ll be strolling you thru all of the steps in my written recipe and video beneath! For those who do this recipe, you’ll want to tag me on Instagram, and you may as well discover me on YouTube and Facebook
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
Servings: 70 cookies
Stop your display screen from going darkish
Mix melted, cooled butter and sugars in a big bowl and stir till well-combined.
Add egg and vanilla extract and stir effectively.
In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk collectively flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Steadily add flour combination to moist substances, stirring till fully mixed, then stir in chocolate chips.
Cowl bowl tightly with plastic wrap and switch to the fridge to sit back for at the very least half-hour and as much as 5 days.
As soon as dough has chilled, preheat oven to 350F (175C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Put aside.
Scoop dough by rounded 1 ½ teaspoon-sized scoop onto ready cookie sheets, putting at the very least 1″ aside. I wish to roll my cookies between my palms into balls after scooping them in order that they bake very uniform and spherical, however this isn’t vital.
Bake on 350F (175C) for 6-8 minutes — cookies should still appear barely mushy within the facilities, that’s OK, they may cook dinner fully on the cookie sheets. Don’t over-bake or your cookies will probably be too onerous.
Enable to chill fully on cookie sheets.
Serving: 1cookie | Energy: 48kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 2g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 35mg | Potassium: 22mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 46IU | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg
Dietary info is predicated on third-party calculations and ought to be thought of an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will differ primarily based upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking technique, portion sizes, and extra.
This recipe was initially revealed in 2018 and meant to be a low-calorie/low-sugar recipe, however quite a few individuals felt that the cookies weren’t candy sufficient. I’ve since up to date the recipe to make the cookies extra in alignment with the basic baked items you’re used to round right here and so they style identical to conventional chocolate chip cookies, solely in miniature kind!