With a crisp crust, creamy filling, and recent berries, nothing celebrates midsummer fairly like this Mascarpone-Ricotta Tart. To the filling, we added a contact of orange zest and a splash of orange liqueur, which enhances the ricotta and mascarpone cheese filling fantastically. The BelGioioso Ricotta con Latte® is a scrumptious cheese that provides a delicate, milky taste that melds gloriously with the indulgent, barely candy BelGioioso Mascarpone. Topped with recent, sweet-tart berries, this beautiful Mascarpone-Ricotta Tart is deliciously easy to make and revel in!
Mascarpone Ricotta Tart
- ½ cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup (80 grams) plus ½ cup (60 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- 1 giant egg (50 grams), room temperature
- 1¾ cups (219 grams) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (24 grams) almond flour
- 1 (16-ounce) bundle BelGioioso Ricotta con Latte®
- 1 (8-ounce) bundle BelGioioso Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) orange liqueur
- 2 teaspoons (2 grams) orange zest
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) vanilla extract
- Garnish: recent berries
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, ⅔ cup (80 grams) confectioners’ sugar, and salt at medium velocity till pale and creamy, 2 to three minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add egg, and beat till mixed, stopping to scrape sides and backside of bowl. With mixer on low velocity, progressively add flours, beating till simply mixed. Prove dough, and form right into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for not less than 1 hour, ideally in a single day.
- Prove dough onto a flippantly floured floor. Roll right into a 12-inch circle (⅛-inch thickness). Rigorously switch to 9-inch spherical fluted removable-bottom tart pan, urgent flippantly to ensure pastry fills pan and grooves utterly. Utilizing a paring knife, trim extra. Utilizing a fork, evenly dock backside of crust. Refrigerate till agency, not less than half-hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Prime ready crust with parchment paper. Add pie weights.
- Bake till edges are set, about quarter-hour. Rigorously take away parchment and pie weights. Bake till floor of crust is dry and golden brown, about 10 minutes extra. Let cool utterly in pan.
- Clear bowl of stand mixer. Utilizing the whisk attachment, beat ricotta and mascarpone at medium-high velocity till thick and fluffy, 3 to five minutes. Add liqueur, orange zest, vanilla, and remaining ½ cup (60 grams) confectioners’ sugar; beat at medium velocity till mixed, about 1 minute, stopping to scrape sides of bowl.
- Unfold ricotta filling into cooled tart shell. Refrigerate for not less than half-hour, or till able to serve. Prime with recent berries, if desired.