This home made veggie pizza is served chilly, and comes with a garlic and herb Greek yogurt cream cheese topping, and a backyard stuffed with contemporary greens. (Use your favorites!) Prepare all of it on a buttery flatbread-style crust, and serve it as a fabulously tasty and colourful appetizer at your subsequent potluck or celebration. It’s a crowd favourite!
We’re all aware of chilly pizza, maybe leftovers lingering within the fridge from the evening earlier than. However have you ever ever made pizza that’s… meant to be chilly? Sort of like a chilly tomato pie, however with garlic herb cream cheese and a great deal of contemporary greens on prime.
I normally see chilly veggie pizza as an appetizer at potlucks, occasions, and events, and it’s virtually all the time sitting on a crescent roll crust. The type from a tube, which, actually is simply so handy and fast.
However I needed to attempt my hand at a home made model, on a buttery garlic flatbread-type crust. Seems, with a pair small tweaks to my flatbread pizza dough, we now have the right not-out-of-a-tube base for this pleasant celebration favourite!
The Veggie Pizza of Your Goals Is:
(Wait, you don’t dream about vegetable pizza?)
- Utterly home made, and fairly wholesome so far as pizza goes!
- Served chilly, and all the time liked.
- Altogether garlicky, savory, creamy, crisp, and herb-infused.
- Prepared in your favourite contemporary greens.
- Calling your identify.
What You Want for the 1-Hour Dough:
If you happen to’ve made my home made flatbread pizza earlier than, you’ll be very aware of right this moment’s dough. As an alternative of olive oil, I take advantage of melted butter so as to add some wealthy, buttery goodness. You’ll additionally want yeast, sugar to feed the yeast, water, garlic powder, salt, and bread flour. If you happen to don’t have bread flour, simply use common all-purpose flour.
I do know it’s a lot simpler to make use of store-bought dough, however nothing compares to a home made crust! Belief me, have a go at making this dough your self. It’s faster than pizza dough, and also you’ll be pleasantly shocked with how simply it comes collectively. There’s just one fast 1-hour rise.
The dough doesn’t want a lot time to rise, since you need it to remain fairly flat. After the temporary rise, punch it all the way down to launch any air, after which roll it out into a ten×15-inch rectangle.
Dimple the dough everywhere in the floor along with your fingers, like we do when making focaccia. Then, brush it with melted butter (the dimples maintain onto the butter!). Bake it for 17–20 minutes. And because it cools, prep the toppings.
Substances For the Veggie Pizza Topping
You’re making a savory cream cheese and Greek yogurt topping right here, and I really like to make use of on a regular basis seasonings like garlic and onion powders. Contemporary dill pairs superbly with cream cheese, and be at liberty to additionally add some chopped contemporary parsley or basil. Unfold it on prime of the crust.
Finest Greens to Use:
Hold the quantity round 3–4 cups, about the identical quantity of fruit you’ll use for a fruit pizza. Crowd favorites embody:
- Chopped broccoli
- Colourful bell peppers
- Cherry tomatoes
- Shredded carrots
- You can even use cauliflower, sliced olives and/or radishes.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, scallion, and a few contemporary black pepper. Dig in!
If you happen to’re bringing this to a summer season gathering, you may additionally need to take into consideration dessert. (After all you need to take into consideration dessert!!) Listed here are 25+ tasty desserts for a BBQ cookout. 🙂
This veggie pizza combines a home made flatbread-style crust, garlic and herb Greek yogurt cream cheese topping, and loads of crisp and contemporary greens on prime. It’s a crowd favourite, and you should utilize no matter veggies you’re keen on. Make ahead-friendly!
Cream Cheese Topping
Greens & Garnish
- Put together the dough: Whisk the yeast, sugar, and heat water collectively within the bowl of your stand mixer. Loosely cowl and permit to take a seat for five–10 minutes till foamy and frothy on prime. *If you don’t personal a stand mixer, you are able to do this in a big mixing bowl and within the subsequent step, combine the dough along with a big wood spoon/rubber spatula. It’s going to take a little bit of arm muscle. A hand mixer works, however the sticky dough repeatedly will get caught within the beaters. Mixing by hand with a wood spoon or rubber spatula is a more sensible choice.*
- Add the flour, 2 Tablespoons (28g) melted butter, garlic powder, and salt. Combine on low velocity with the dough hook attachment till mixed, about 2 minutes. The dough must be thick, but delicate and barely sticky. It ought to draw back from the perimeters of the bowl because it mixes. When it does, it is able to knead. If, nonetheless, the dough is just too sticky to deal with, combine in additional flour, 1 Tablespoon at a time. Be sure to don’t add an excessive amount of additional flour; you need a delicate, barely cheesy dough.
- Knead the dough: Hold the dough within the mixer and beat with the dough hook on low velocity for an extra 6–8 minutes, or knead by hand on a evenly floured floor for six–8 minutes. After kneading, the dough ought to nonetheless really feel slightly delicate. Poke it along with your finger—if it slowly bounces again, your dough is able to rise.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl (I take advantage of nonstick spray to grease) and canopy with plastic wrap, aluminum foil, or a clear kitchen towel. Enable to take a seat and relaxation for 1 hour at room temperature. As soon as it has rested and barely risen, you possibly can proceed with the recipe or place the coated dough within the fridge for as much as 2 days. Extra directions within the make forward Be aware beneath.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (232°C).
- Form the dough: Punch the dough all the way down to launch any air. On a evenly floured floor with a evenly floured rolling pin, roll the dough into a ten×15-inch rectangle (doesn’t should be actual) that’s about 1/4-inch thick. Don’t fear if it’s not an ideal rectangle, simply make certain the dough could be very skinny. Fastidiously switch dough to a parchment paper or silicone-mat lined baking sheet. (You can even form/roll out the doughs straight on a silicone baking mat or a big sheet of parchment if that’s simpler for you after which simply switch the entire thing to the baking sheet.)
- Poke your fingers throughout the floor of the dough. Brush with remaining butter.
- Bake for 17–20 minutes or till the crust is golden brown. It’s okay if there are giant air bubbles within the crust. Take away from the oven, and permit crust to chill utterly or for a minimum of half-hour as you put together the toppings. Because the crust cools, use the again of a spoon to press down on any air bubbles to assist flatten the dough out. Because the dough cools, you possibly can chop the contemporary greens for the topping.
- Make the cream cheese topping: In a medium bowl utilizing a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese and yogurt collectively till clean. Beat within the dill, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Style, after which add extra seasonings if desired. Unfold onto barely cooled or totally cooled crust.
- Greens & garnish: Press the chopped greens evenly into the cream cheese topping. Prepare any method you’d like! Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, scallion, and shredded carrots (if utilizing). If desired, sprinkle evenly with freshly floor black pepper.
- Minimize into squares instantly, or cowl and refrigerate for as much as 24 hours earlier than reducing and serving. A pizza cutter isn’t preferrred for this; simply use a pointy knife.
- Cowl and retailer leftovers within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- Make Forward & Freezing Directions: The dough could be ready via step 4, then after it has risen, cowl and place within the fridge for as much as 2 days. Proceed with step 5. To freeze the dough, put together it via step 4. After it has risen, punch it all the way down to launch any air. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in a freezer-friendly container for as much as 3 months. When prepared to make use of, thaw the dough in a single day within the fridge. Then let the dough sit at room temperature for about 1 hour earlier than rolling out/shaping. If the thawed dough retains shrinking again as you attempt to form it, evenly cowl it with plastic wrap or a clear kitchen towel and let it relaxation on the counter or your work floor for quarter-hour. (The gluten simply wants an opportunity to settle.)
- Particular Instruments (affiliate hyperlinks): Stand Mixer | Baking Sheet | Silicone Baking Mat or Parchment Paper | Handheld Mixer (or stand mixer for cream cheese topping)
- Yeast: You should utilize immediate or active-dry yeast with zero modifications. If you happen to’re new to working with yeast, I like to recommend reviewing my Baking with Yeast information. Be aware that 1 teaspoon is lower than 1 customary packet.
- Greens: Use your favourite contemporary greens, and maintain the quantity round 3–4 cups. Chopped broccoli, colourful bell peppers, cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes are crowd favorites. You can even use cauliflower, sliced olives and/or radishes.
- Parmesan Cheese: I really like utilizing parmesan on this home made chilly veggie pizza, however you could possibly substitute crumbled feta or shredded cheddar cheese.
- Serving Dimension: 1 slice
- Energy: 140
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Sodium: 224.4 mg
- Fats: 8.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.1 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 24.4 mg