These Ham and Gruyère Crescent Rolls are our savory spin on traditional crescent rolls is filled with a slice of ham and cheese. They’re then swirled right into a roll with completely ﬂuffy texture courtesy Pink Star®!
Ham and Gruyère Crescent Rolls
- 4¼ cups (540 grams) bread ﬂour
- 2 tablespoons (24 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon (9 grams) kosher salt
- 1 cup (240 grams) heat entire milk (100°F/38°C to 110°F/43°C)
- 2 tablespoons (42 grams) honey
- 2 (0.25-ounce) packages (14 grams) yeast*
- ½ cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 giant eggs (100 grams), room temperature and divided
- 1 giant egg yolk (19 grams), room temperature
- 10 ounces (284 grams) Gruyère cheese
- 1 pound (454 grams) sliced ham*
- ½ cup (120 grams) Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) water Garnish: ﬂaked sea salt, cracked black pepper
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer ﬁtted with the paddle attachment, beat ﬂour, sugar, and kosher salt at low pace till mixed.
- In a small bowl, stir collectively heat milk, honey, and yeast. Let stand till foamy, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add yeast combination, melted butter, 1 egg (50 grams), and egg yolk to ﬂour combination, and beat at low pace till a shaggy dough varieties, 1 to 2 minutes. Swap to the dough hook attachment, and beat at medium pace till a clean, elastic dough varieties, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Spray a big bowl with cooking spray. Place dough in bowl, turning to grease high. Cowl and let rise in a heat, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) till doubled in measurement, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Reduce cheese into sticks (about 2x⅛ inches every). Reduce ham slices in half widthwise.
- Punch down dough. On a calmly ﬂoured floor, divide dough in half (about 510 grams every). Roll half of dough right into a 14-inch circle. (Preserve remaining dough coated with plastic wrap to stop it from drying out.) Reduce dough into 12 equal triangles.
- Unfold 1 teaspoon (5 grams) mustard in heart of every triangle; place 1 piece of cheese and 1 piece of ham at heart of base, folding ham to ﬁt it to base of triangle. Ranging from base, roll up dough round ham and cheese. Place rolls, pointed facet down, at the very least 1½ inches aside on ready pans. Repeat with remaining dough, remaining mustard, remaining cheese, and remaining ham. Cowl and let rise in a heat, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) till puffed, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small bowl, whisk collectively 1 tablespoon (15 grams) water and remaining 1 egg (50 grams). Flippantly brush rolls with egg wash, and garnish with sea salt and pepper, if desired.
- Bake till golden brown, about 10 minutes. Finest served heat. Refrigerate in an hermetic container for as much as 3 days.