1. Joseph obtained his braces off this week! I couldn’t consider how a lot older he regarded when he first obtained his braces, then he obtained them off, and, poof! He regarded older once more! They have been on for about 14 months, and oh my gosh, the distinction! They have been on to shut the hole between his two entrance enamel, and boy, they did the job. Now, the nighttime retainer.
2. This candy lady has been dwelling her greatest summer time life. I can’t consider she’ll be in kindergarten within the fall. Time is a critical thief. I do not know the place her toddlerhood went!
3. As I discussed final week, Dominic had a brand new scan and bone marrow biopsy on Friday. A few days in the past, we obtained the ultimate outcomes from his oncologist in New York. The scan confirmed a slight lower, whereas his bone marrow biopsy remained away from illness. It exhibits some benign cells that have been there in April, which may additionally mild up on scans. His physician believes that is seemingly the case.
The plan transferring ahead is for 2 extra cycles of antibody immunotherapy, however this time WITHOUT the low-dose chemo, after which a battery of scans after that. His common MIBG scan and bone marrow biopsy, together with a head MRI, chest/stomach/pelvis CT, and a full physique PET scan. If these scans affirm that what appears to be lighting up is lifeless illness, they are going to deem him prepared to maneuver on to upkeep, which might be enrolling in a neuroblastoma vaccine trial to assist forestall relapse.
This was clearly extremely excellent news to obtain, however we don’t need to get too excited or forward of ourselves as a result of, effectively, you simply by no means know. This has been such a curler coaster, however it’s so encouraging to know that there could also be a light-weight on the finish of the tunnel.
(He’s additionally gracing the partitions of Memorial Sloan Kettering and loves his image once we go!)
4. Whereas we have been away, I grabbed a bag of cheddar and sour cream Ruffles to eat with a sandwich. I haven’t had them in YEARS; they tasted precisely the identical as I remembered, and so they transported me again to my teenage years. Isn’t it loopy how a scent or style can do this?!
5. I really like these two snippets from latest James Clear newsletters about serving to others:
After which this: “You assist individuals once they need assistance, not when you’re prepared to assist them.”
6. I haven’t made my favourite chewy, fudgy brownies in fairly some time; I’m due!!
7. I really like the mornings and all the time discover myself best throughout that point >> How You Spend Your Morning Matters
8. Can’t wait to make a contemporary batch of selfmade pizza! >> An Italian Cook Taught Me 9 Secrets That Made My Homemade Pizza Insanely Better
9. At present Duke turns TEN!!!! Such a giant birthday for our massive man! The children have been SO excited counting down the times 🙂
10. TGIF! Wishing you a beautiful 4th of July vacation subsequent week!