That includes a evenly crisp exterior and an ethereal, chewy inside, this English Muffin Loaf is every little thing you’re keen on about English muffins. Prime toasted slices with butter and jam for breakfast, or layer on substances to your best-ever sandwich.
English Muffin Loaf
- Cornmeal or semolina flour, for sprinkling
- 2½ cups (318 grams) bread flour
- 1 tablespoon (12 grams) granulated sugar
- 2½ teaspoons (7.5 grams) kosher salt
- 1 (0.25-ounce) package deal (7 grams) instantaneous yeast*
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 grams) baking soda
- ⅔ cup (160 grams) water
- ½ cup (120 grams) heat milk (120°F/50°C to 130°F/54°C)
- 2 tablespoons (28 grams) vegetable oil
- Flippantly spray an 8½x4½-inch loaf pan with baking spray with fl our; sprinkle with cornmeal or semolina flour.
- In a big bowl, whisk collectively bread flour, sugar, salt, yeast, and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, whisk collectively ⅔ cup (160 grams) water, heat milk, and oil. Add milk combination to flour combination, stirring simply till mixed. Cowl and let stand at room temperature for quarter-hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Utilizing a rubber spatula, fold dough onto itself a number of instances till dough is extra elastic. Unfold
- dough into ready pan, and flatten prime with moist fingertips. Sprinkle cornmeal or semolina fl our onto dough. Cowl and let rise in a heat, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) till doubled in dimension and dough nearly fills pan, 25 to half-hour.
- Bake till golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted in heart registers 190°F
- (88°C), 20 to 25 minutes, overlaying with foil throughout fi nal 5 minutes of baking to forestall extra
- browning. Let cool in pan for quarter-hour. Take away from pan, and let cool utterly on a wire rack. Retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 3 days.