Chili’s Cajun Rooster Pasta with creamy Alfredo sauce is an extremely flavorful meal. There is no such thing as a have to go to the restaurant when you can also make this spicy pasta dish at dwelling.
This submit accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes Copycat Chili’s Cajun Rooster Pasta So Good?
You haven’t heard of Cajun-Italian cooking earlier than? No shock there; it’s probably not a factor.
However this creamy pasta dish with tender Cajun-spiced hen strips and recent tomatoes will make you would like there have been different Cajun-Italians recipes on the market. Possibly there are, however till you discover them, this pasta’s distinctive flavors will maintain you greater than glad.
Why You Ought to Strive This Recipe
In cooking phrases, à la minute refers to a recipe cooked start-to-finish simply earlier than consuming. In contrast to most pasta sauces that sit round for hours and even days earlier than serving, the sauce for this Cajun Rooster Pasta Chili’s recipe is tremendous recent and scrumptious.
Don’t fear, it’s tremendous straightforward to make, and since you make it in the identical pan, cleanup is a breeze!
Chili’s Cajun Rooster Pasta Elements
For the Cajun-spiced hen, you’ll want:
- Boneless, skinless hen breasts
- Cajun seasoning
- Olive oil
The precise substances in every model of Cajun spice seasoning differ, however most normally comprise paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic, onion powders, and salt. Slap Ya Mama is a well-known model of Cajun seasoning that doesn’t embrace any MSG, however you should use your favourite.
For the pasta sauce, you’ll want:
- Unsalted butter
- Yellow onion, diced
- Garlic, minced
- Heavy cream
- Lemon zest
- Kosher salt
- Freshly floor black pepper
To serve copycat Chili’s Cajun Rooster Pasta, you’ll want:
- Cooked penne pasta
- Plum tomatoes
- Recent parsley leaves
- Inexperienced onions
You may cook dinner the penne forward of time and reheat it in simmering water for about 30 seconds earlier than utilizing it on this recipe.
You need to use any recent plum tomatoes you favor on this recipe, however Roma tomatoes are in all probability the most typical ones you will see. Don’t use canned tomatoes.
Easy methods to Make Chili’s Cajun Rooster Pasta
Listed below are the steps for making this copycat Chili’s Cajun hen pasta recipe. Word there’s a printable recipe card beneath.
To cook dinner the hen:
- Trim the hen breasts to take away any further fats or pores and skin, and use paper towels to pat them dry.
- Liberally sprinkle the hen breasts with the Cajun seasoning.
- Warmth a big pan over medium-high warmth. When the pan is scorching, add the olive oil and wait till it begins to shimmer.
- Rigorously place the hen breasts within the pan. Prepare dinner on the primary aspect for six to 7 minutes. Flip over and cook dinner for one more 5 to six minutes or till the inner temperature reaches 165 levels.
- Switch the hen to a plate and canopy it with aluminum foil to maintain it heat.
To make the sauce:
- Cube the onions and mince the garlic. Put apart for later.
- Return the identical pan you used to cook dinner the hen to the range. Utilizing the identical pan will prevent from extra cleansing and add a ton of taste to your sauce.
- Soften the butter over medium warmth and saute the diced onions till barely translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook dinner for a few minute earlier than whisking within the heavy cream, lemon zest, and grated parmesan.
- Proceed whisking till the cream combination begins to bubble and thickens.
- Season the sauce with salt and freshly floor black pepper.
To serve copycat Chili’s Cajun Rooster Pasta:
- Cube the plum tomatoes. Chop the parsley and inexperienced onions. Reserve for garnishing.
- If desired, slice the hen into strips.
- Add the nice and cozy cooked pasta to the sauce and toss to coat.
- Plate the sauced pasta and prime with the hen breast or sliced hen.
- Garnish the pasta with the prepped plum tomatoes, parsley, inexperienced onions, and parmesan cheese.
Strive making this dish with grilled or sauteed shrimp or andouille sausage. Combining shrimp, hen, and andouille sausage will give the pasta a extra genuine Cajun taste.
A number of substances which might be fantastic additions to this recipe embrace:
- Inexperienced bell peppers
- Chipotle peppers
- Different greens (broccoli, cauliflower, or zucchini)
What to Serve With Cajun Rooster Pasta
The sauce is so good that you want some type of bread to mop up any leftovers. French bread or dinner rolls will work tremendous, however when you have time, take into consideration making Commanders Palace’s well-known Garlic Bread for the last word dinner mixture.
A easy inexperienced salad or some steamed or roasted veggies can be nice sides for the dish.
Easy methods to Retailer Leftover Cajun Rooster Pasta
Maintain cooked pasta, sauce, hen, and garnishes in separate hermetic containers within the fridge for as much as three days.
Easy methods to Reheat Chilis Cajun Rooster Pasta
Reheat the cooked hen strips with the sauce over low warmth whereas often stirring to stop the sauce from scorching. You could need to add further heavy cream or milk to the sauce to skinny it out a little bit earlier than reheating. Warmth the cooked pasta in simmering water.
Extra Chili’s Copycat Recipes
Favourite Rooster and Pasta Recipes
Take a look at extra of my straightforward hen recipes and one of the best copycat Chili’s recipes on CopyKat!
Chili’s Cajun Rooster Pasta
Chili’s Cajun Rooster Pasta is an unbelievable dish you can also make at dwelling.
Add to Assortment Go to Collections
- 1 pound penne or bow tie pasta
- 4 boneless skinless hen breasts
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- kosher salt and freshly floor black pepper to style (elective)
- 3 roma tomatoes diced for garnish
- 2 tablespoons recent parsley leaves chopped for garnish
- 1 tablespoon inexperienced onions chopped for garnish
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan for garnish
Prepare dinner pasta in line with bundle instructions on the field. Drain and put aside.
Pat dry the hen breasts with a paper towel. Season with cajun seasoning and rub it throughout.
Warmth olive oil in a big skillet or cast-iron pan over medium-high warmth. Add hen and cook dinner for five to six minutes, flip, and cook dinner for an extra 6 to 7 minutes. Take away hen to a plate and canopy with foil.
Soften butter in the identical skillet or saucepan. Add diced onion and saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Add within the minced garlic, and cook dinner till aromatic, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Whisk in heavy cream, lemon zest, and grated parmesan. Whisk for two minutes or till the sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper, to style.
For serving, add pasta and hen to a plate or bowl. Spoon the sauce excessive, and garnish with diced tomatoes, parsley, inexperienced onions, and shredded parmesan. Get pleasure from instantly.
Crockpot or Sluggish Cooker
Season the hen with cajun seasoning. Warmth 1 tablespoon olive oil in a big skillet over medium-high warmth.
Add hen and rapidly sear on either side.
Add hen, butter, onions, garlic, heavy cream, and lemon zest to sluggish cooker. Stir. Prepare dinner on excessive for 4 hours or on low for six to eight hours.
Individually cook dinner the pasta till tender.
Serve hen and sauce over pasta with your whole favourite toppings.
Energy: 932kcal | Carbohydrates: 92g | Protein: 46g | Fats: 42g | Saturated Fats: 23g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 12g | Trans Fats: 0.4g | Ldl cholesterol: 171mg | Sodium: 361mg | Potassium: 942mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2702IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 241mg | Iron: 3mg