This irresistible bourbon caramel sauce is creamy and scrumptious and luscious with candy undertones of oak and vanilla. It’s straightforward to make and is the final word topping for ice cream, brownies, cheesecake and extra!
Thick Bourbon Caramel Sauce
This Bourbon Caramel Sauce Recipe takes salted caramel to the following stage! The wealthy, candy taste of basic caramel with simply the correct amount of cream pairs splendidly with the candy woodsy tones of bourbon. One style of this ultra-thick caramel sauce, and also you’ll be craving it’s easy velvety goodness straight from the jar or drizzled over one in all your favourite treats like ice cream or gooey brownies.
Plus, this recipe is really easy to make! I exploit the moist methodology for this recipe, versus the dry methodology utilized in my Basic Do-it-yourself Caramel Sauce. The dry methodology is a little bit trickier to get proper, however the moist methodology works superbly each single time. That is the right recipe for studying the way to make a caramel dessert sauce. This user-friendly recipe will make you’re feeling like a caramel making professional and put together you for shifting onto tougher caramel recipes.
Extra dessert topping recipes you received’t need to miss: Simple Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe, Simple Raspberry Sauce, Simple Do-it-yourself Sizzling Fudge Sauce, Simple Strawberry Sauce and Blueberry Sauce!
Why You’ll Love This Bourbon Caramel Sauce Recipe
I’ve created the final word, fail-proof bourbon caramel sauce recipe to simply improve fundamental desserts. Right here’s why I find it irresistible a lot, and why I believe you’ll too.
- Surprisingly straightforward. You is perhaps nervous to make your individual sauce, but it surely’s actually not difficult. In just some easy steps (and solely 7 elements) you’ll have your self an incredible bourbon caramel sauce.
- Flavorful. Bourbon has such candy, flavorful tones of vanilla, oak and brown sugar. It provides the wow issue to this dessert sauce and can make you appear like a baking professional with minimal effort.
- Adjustable. You may make this dessert topping as salty as you need. Begin with 1/2 a teaspoon, give it a style, and add extra should you’d like. You possibly can even add the bourbon, style and add extra, should you like. Simply take into account that including an excessive amount of can skinny out your sauce.
- It goes on all the things. You possibly can drizzle this caramel sauce over just about any dessert you possibly can consider. Take a look at the part beneath titled “Methods To Use Salted Caramel Sauce” for inspiration.
What You’ll Want
Right here’s a listing of elements wanted to make the perfect salted bourbon caramel sauce ever. Don’t overlook to scroll to the recipe card beneath for exact measurements.
- Granulated sugar – That is the bottom of your sauce and the place the flavour comes from. Because the sugar melts, it caramelizes and browns.
- Water – This helps the sugar not burn because it sits and boils. The addition of the water is why it’s referred to as “wet-method” caramel sauce.
- Unsalted butter – Use unsalted butter to be able to management the salt content material of your caramel sauce.
- Heavy whipping cream – This makes the caramel sauce pourable. The excessive fats content material in heavy cream additionally offers it a creamy texture. Don’t swap this out for milk or one thing else or it’ll skinny out your sauce an excessive amount of.
- Vanilla extract – For good taste.
- Bourbon – I used Maker’s Mark Bourbon as a result of I really like its taste, however you should utilize any model you want.
- Salt – You possibly can modify this as you want to realize your required saltiness.
The right way to Make Bourbon Caramel Sauce
Simply comply with these easy steps and also you’ll be drizzling home made bourbon caramel sauce over all of your favourite desserts in sight very quickly.
- Soften the sugar. Whisk collectively the granulated sugar and water and prepare dinner over medium-low warmth till the sugar is totally dissolved. The combination will go from cloudy to clear.
- Add the butter. Add the butter and let it soften.
- Prepare dinner. Convey the combination to a boil over medium warmth and boil till the combination turns a deep golden copper colour. This may take 10-Quarter-hour, however preserve cooking till it’s a pleasant golden colour.
- Make it creamy. Take away the pan from the warmth and slowly pour within the heavy whipping cream, whisking as you go. It’s going to bubbly up loads, so watch out.
- Add some taste. Whisk within the vanilla extract, bourbon and half a teaspoon of salt.
- Cool. Permit the caramel sauce to chill. Be aware that will probably be fairly skinny, however will thicken because it cools.
Suggestions for Success
Striving for the right bourbon caramel sauce? These easy ideas will assist information you thru the method.
- Fingers off. When you convey the caramel sauce to a boil, cease whisking. Whisking it will possibly trigger crystallization, which you don’t need right here. Go away or not it’s till it’s reached that deep golden copper colour you might be searching for.
- Keep watch over it. Whilst you shouldn’t whisk or stir whereas the caramel sauce is cooking, you do need to control it. It’s doable that some elements of the sauce will brown extra shortly than others. If that’s the case, you possibly can tip the pan back and forth or swirl issues round to and assist it prepare dinner evenly.
- Totally prepare dinner the sugar combination. You’ll want to absolutely prepare dinner the sugar combination till it’s actually darkish in colour. If it hasn’t darkened but, don’t transfer on to including the cream or your sauce will probably be colorless and flavorless.
- Keep protected. While you add the heavy cream, the caramel will bubble up fairly a bit. So preserve any uncovered pores and skin (and/or eyes) out of the best way.
Methods to Use Bourbon Caramel Sauce
I wouldn’t be exaggerating to say that home made bourbon caramel sauce may go on nearly any dessert. It truly is that good! Listed here are a few of my favourite dessert recipe choices to get you began. Don’t be afraid to discover my weblog for different choices. It’s filled with dessert recipes that will love the corporate of this candy, velvety deal with.
Extra Caramel Dessert Recipes
This irresistible bourbon caramel sauce is creamy and scrumptious with candy undertones of oak and vanilla. It’s straightforward to make and is the final word topping for ice cream, brownies, cheesecake and extra!
- 1 cup (207g) granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp (90ml) water
- 1/4 cup (56g) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp salt
- In a medium to massive sauce pan, mix the granulated sugar and water. Prepare dinner over medium-low warmth till the sugar is totally dissolved, about 3 to five minutes. Add the butter and let it soften.
- Over medium warmth, convey the combination to a boil. Cease whisking and don’t whisk in any respect throughout this half to assist keep away from crystallization. Permit to boil till the combination turns a deep golden copper colour, about 10-Quarter-hour, perhaps longer relying in your range. Keep watch over it, however don’t stir. If wanted, you possibly can sometimes tip the pan back and forth to assist issues prepare dinner evenly.
- Take away the pan from the warmth and instantly add within the heavy whipping cream in a sluggish, regular stream. The caramel will bubbly up fairly a bit, so watch out with this step. Whisk shortly and properly as you add the cream, whisking till properly mixed.
- Add the vanilla extract, bourbon and half a teaspoon of salt and whisk to mix. Add further salt to your required saltiness.
- Permit the caramel sauce to chill. It is going to be pretty skinny, however will thicken because it cools. Retailer it within the fridge for as much as two weeks.
- Serving Measurement: 1 1/4 cups
- Energy: 1467
- Sugar: 201.9 g
- Sodium: 1191.1 mg
- Fats: 67.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 202.2 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 189.8 mg
Key phrases: bourbon caramel sauce, caramel sauce, bourbon caramel topping