If you happen to’re on the lookout for a superb, easy baked penne to feed a crowd, you’ve come to the best place!
I’ve been watching a ton of Nicki Positano on YouTube the final 12 months and he or she usually options baked pasta with a great deal of cubed mozzarella in her inspiring Amalfi Coast movies. The final time I noticed her make one, I believed, I’m going to strive that! And it got here out scrumptious.
First, cook dinner the pasta based on bundle instructions. Whereas the pasta is cooking, simmer some entire peeled tomatoes (I used natural canned tomatoes however by all means, be happy to do that whenever you’ve bought a great deal of Roma tomatoes within the backyard!) with garlic, contemporary oregano, basil, and Italian parsley.
Toss the penne with the sauce and an entire ball of mozzarella, minimize into cubes. Prime with parmesan and pop within the oven till the mozzarella is all melty. Really easy! All you want is a pleasant salad with leafy greens and a few heat bread and you’re feast prepared in lower than half an hour. Buon appetito!
1 field penne pasta
1 Tbsp olive oil
4-6 cloves garlic, minced
1 giant can (28 oz) entire peeled tomatoes
Sea salt, black pepper
1 Tbsp contemporary oregano
1 Tbsp contemporary basil
1 Tbsp contemporary Italian parsley
8 oz mozzarella ball, minimize into small cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit.
- Cook dinner penne in salted water based on bundle instructions.
- Whereas water is boiling, warmth olive oil in a big pan over medium low warmth. Add garlic and cook dinner for 1-2 minutes, simply till garlic begins to brown. Add entire peeled tomatoes, breaking apart the tomatoes with a picket spoon. Increase warmth to medium and let tomatoes simmer whereas pasta cooks.
- When tomatoes have principally change into a sauce, season to style with sea salt and black pepper. Stir in contemporary oregano, basil, and Italian parsley. Add a small ladle stuffed with pasta water to the sauce and proceed to let simmer till pasta finishes cooking.
- Drain the pasta and add penne to the sauce, stirring to coat with the sauce. Pour pasta and sauce right into a 9×13 baking dish. Toss with cubed mozzarella and high with grated parmesan. Bake till mozzarella is melted to your liking, about 10 minutes. Serve instantly with plenty of parmesan cheese and extra chopped herbs.