Alonti pecan pesto pasta is extremely scrumptious. Do-it-yourself basil pesto with pecans is tossed with pasta and served heat as a aspect dish or chilly as a pasta salad.
This submit accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes Pecan Pesto So Good?
Pesto is at all times made with pine nuts, proper? Properly, no. There’s all kinds of pesto, and top-of-the-line is that this model that makes use of pecans. Pecans give this sauce a candy, buttery taste that pine nuts simply can’t match, and as a bonus, they’re much cheaper!
Basil Pecan Pesto makes an excellent sauce for pasta, however there are such a lot of extra methods to make use of this versatile recipe! Take a look at the part beneath for extra options.
Why You Ought to Strive This Basil Pesto With Pecans
Moreover switching out the kind of nuts, this sauce has yet one more trick up its sleeve. As an alternative of utilizing solely parmesan cheese, as most conventional pesto recipes name for, it provides a contact of Pecorino Romano cheese.
The slight nuttiness of Pecorino Romano works completely in pesto leading to a light-weight but full-flavored sauce you’ll need to make time and again.
Pecan Pesto Recipe Components
For this pesto recipe with pecans, you’ll want:
- Recent basil leaves
- Additional virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Parmesan cheese
- Pecorino Romano cheese
To complete the recipe, you’ll want:
- Crushed pecans (optionally available)
- Parmesan cheese, grated (optionally available)
- Pecorino Romano cheese, grated (optionally available)
The most effective pasta shapes for this dish have a variety of floor space. Gemelli and fiorelli, with all their bends and folds, are excellent for trapping pesto sauce. Brief tubular pasta like penne and rigatoni would additionally work effectively.
In case you don’t look after pecans, you may substitute them with walnuts.
Find out how to Make Pecan Basil Pesto
To arrange the pesto sauce:
- Rinse the basil leaves and dry them very effectively.
- Peel the garlic cloves and smash them with the flat aspect of your knife to make the cloves simpler to course of.
- Mix the basil, garlic, and additional virgin olive oil within the bowl of a meals processor. In case you don’t have a meals processor, use a blender, however watch out to not mix an excessive amount of and overheat the sauce.
- Pulse two or 3 times simply to interrupt up the garlic.
- Add the kosher salt to the bowl of the meals processor and crumble within the pecans. Course of till there aren’t any massive chunks of nuts.
- Add the parmesan and Pecorino Romano cheeses. Pulse till the cheese totally incorporates. The feel ought to be considerably clean however not a liquid consistency.
- Use a rubber spatula to switch the pesto to an hermetic container and preserve it within the fridge till wanted.
To sauce the pasta:
- Cook dinner the pasta in accordance with the directions on the packet.
- Drain the pasta, however retain a couple of cup of pasta water.
- Add the pesto sauce to a big mixing bowl. You’ll want a couple of cup of pesto sauce for every pound of pasta.
- A couple of tablespoons of reserved pasta water combined into the pesto sauce will skinny it out and make mixing simpler.
- Toss the pasta with the pesto sauce. If the pesto continues to be clumping, add a bit extra pasta water.
- Plate and garnish with optionally available crumbled pecans and grated cheese.
What Else Can You Do With This Pecan Pesto Recipe?
Most individuals hear “pesto” and instantly consider pairing it with pasta or gnocchi. Each are good choices, however they aren’t the one ones. Listed below are some extra artistic methods to make use of Pecan Pesto Sauce:
- Unfold it on bread for extra flavorful sandwiches.
- Unfold it on high of crostini or crackers with goat cheese for a scrumptious appetizer.
- Make a pizza with pesto sauce, tomatoes, and goat cheese.
- Toss the pesto with boiled potatoes for an superior aspect dish.
- Combine the sauce with scrambled eggs.
- Whip cream cheese and pesto collectively for a fast dip.
Find out how to Retailer the Leftovers
Maintain additional pesto within the fridge in an hermetic container. Place plastic wrap straight on the floor to stop it from browning.
For prolonged storage, pour the pesto into ice dice trays. Freeze it till stable. Switch the frozen pesto cubes to a plastic freezer bag. It should last as long as 3 months within the freezer.
How Lengthy Will It Final
Basil pesto with pecans will keep contemporary for 3 or 4 days within the fridge, however the basil could darken earlier. Including a contact of acidity within the type of lemon juice or vinegar may also help protect the colour.
Extra Recipes with Pesto
Fashionable Pasta Recipes
Take a look at extra of my simple pasta recipes and one of the best copycat restaurant recipes on CopyKat!
Alonti’s Pecan Pesto Pasta
Altonti’s Pecan Pesto is a good tackle conventional pinenut pesto, this basil pesto is made with pecans.
Add to Assortment Go to Collections
- 25 contemporary basil leaves
- 1/2 cup additional virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Romano cheese
- 1 pound pasta cooked in accordance with package deal instructions
Wash the basil leaves and place them right into a meals processor with the olive oil and garlic. Pulse a number of occasions till the garlic begins to interrupt into small items.
Add the kosher salt and pecans and course of briefly at medium velocity.
Add the cheese and pulse till the cheese is combined uniformly all through.
Pour some or the entire pesto over the cooked pasta and blend effectively.
Retailer any remaining pesto in an hermetic container within the fridge. It should stay contemporary for a number of days.
Energy: 855kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 25g | Fats: 44g | Saturated Fats: 9g | Ldl cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 1019mg | Potassium: 345mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 525IU | Vitamin C: 1.5mg | Calcium: 366mg | Iron: 2.3mg